SQL is a standard database language used to access and manipulate data in databases. SQL stands for Structured Query Language. SQL was developed by IBM Computer Scientists in the 1970s. By executing queries SQL can create, update, delete, and retrieve data in databases like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc. Overall SQL is a query language that communicates with databases.
In this SQL tutorial, you’ll learn all the basic to advanced concepts like SQL queries, SQL join, SQL injection, SQL insert, create tables in SQL. SQL is easy to learn, there are no prerequisites to learning SQL.
What is a Database?
Data is the new fuel of this world but only data is unorganized information, so to organize that data we make a database. A database is the organized collection of structured data which is usually controlled by a database management system (DBMS). Databases help us with easily storing, accessing, and manipulating data held on a computer.
‘Recent Articles’ on SQL
SQL Clauses / Operators:
Why to learn SQL?
SQL helps you to easily get information from data at high efficiency. To manipulate the data in databases like Create, Read, Edit, and delete we use SQL queries. Users can interact with data stored in relational database management systems. Anyone who knows the English language can easily write SQL queries. Some of the key features of SQL are given below:
- Without a lot of coding knowledge we can manage a database with SQL.
- SQL works with database systems from Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, etc.
- Simple and easy to learn.
- SQL is ANSI and ISO standard language for database manipulations.
- SQL retrieves large amounts of data very fast.
Applications of SQL
In data-driven industries where managing databases is very important in regular, Here are some important SQL applications.
- To support client/server architecture, software engineers use SQL to establish the connection between back-end and front-end.
- SQL can also be used in the 3-tier architecture of a client, an application server, and a database.
- SQL is used as a Data Definition Language(DDL) in which we can independently create a database, define the structure, use it, and discard it when its work is done.
- SQL is used as a Data Manipulation Language(DML) in which we can enter data, modify data, extracting data.
- SQL is used as a Data Control Language(DCL) it specifies how we can protect our database against corruption and misuse.
If you’re looking out for a worthwhile and reliable SQL tutorial for beginners, (or experts as well), then you must go through with this resource. Also, here you’ll get SQL interview questions, exercises, examples, etc.