Software Engineering is a subdomain of Engineering in which you learn to develop, designing, testing, and maintenance of software using a systematic and structured approach. Software is a collection of programs. And that programs are developed by software engineers. The code of a program is written in any of various programming languages like C++, Java, Python, Django, etc.
In this Software Engineering Tutorial, you will learn all the basic to advance concepts like Software development life cycle, software project management, software model, etc.
Software Development Models & Architecture:
Software Project Management(SPM):
Software Testing and Debugging:
FAQs on Software Engineering
Q.1 What are the various categories of software?
- System software (e.g. Operating systems, compiler, drivers, etc.)
- Web and Network software (e.g. Gmail, Google Drive, Facebook, etc.)
- Embedded Software: (e.g. washing machines, satellites, microwaves, TVs, etc.)
- Artificial intelligence software (Expert Systems, pattern recognition software, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Scientific software (e.g. MATLAB, AUTOCAD, etc.)
Q.2 What are different Software Development Lifecycle Models?
- Waterfall model
- Spiral model
- Incremental model
- Agile model
- Iterative model
Q.3 What is Software prototyping?
A software prototype is a working model with less functionality. The logic of the prototype may or may not match with the final software program. It is only available for a limited number of users to get their feedback.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or if you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.