Now, you can help other geeks by improving an existing article on GeeksforGeeks.
Please see the screenshot below of a sample article for your reference:
After clicking on it, you will get a copy of the same published article where you will be able to edit the content. Please make your improvements there and resubmit it for review. We will approve valid improvement(s). Your Credential (Your Name) for improvement will be added there by the system itself.
Types of Improvements that we are accepting:
Code Style Guidelines:
- DS/Algo: An alternate option is always helpful, In the same way, you can add new approaches in DS & Algo articles to reduce complexity, or Fix the test cases and correct code if something is going wrong. However, Basic implementation steps Improvements like “Initialize value” in DS/Algo are not acceptable.
- Others: Make modifications to the existing article (if necessary) and make additions if you feel it’s suitable.
How to submit improvements?
- During submission of Code Addition Mention ‘LanguageName – Code Addition‘ in Reason to Improve box and Select Type – Code Addition and then click on Submit for Review.
- During submission of DS/Algo improvement Mention ‘Specific Approach that you have added‘ in Reason to Improve box and Select Type – DS/Algo and then click on Submit for Review.
- During submission of modifications to the existing article (if necessary) and also do additions if you feel it’s suitable Mention ‘Modifications/Additions that you have done‘ in Reason to Improve box and Select Type – Other and then click on Submit for Review.
You can get paid for the changes that you have done to an existing article. The payment may vary from INR 50 to INR 100 per improvement, which will be determined on the basis of the type of improvement.
Some prominent terms and conditions are listed below:
- As mentioned above, the amount paid per improvement will depend upon the type, content, quality of your improvement, and several other factors.
- The content you write for improvement must be unique and must not be published somewhere else even in your name.
- In case of any dispute regarding remuneration, the final decision will be at the company’s discretion.
- Every participant will get INR 50 to 100 for each published improvement according to the types mentioned below:
- Others – INR 50
- Code Addition – INR 75
- DS/Algo – INR 100
- Select the correct types of Improvement before submission for faster review.
- Describe the reason to improve the article properly.
- We do not pay for improvements made to own published articles.
- If no changes have been done for 2 days, Improvement will be discarded automatically.
- Please avoid modifying the title of the original post in any improvement.
- Only 10 articles can improve at a time
- While making improvements Please try to improve the issues mentioned in the discuss section.
Not Accepting Improvements
- Please note that we are currently not accepting space/time complexity, new methods, typos, and Advantage-Disadvantage improvement to the article.
- Improvements in Interview Experiences, Quiz Posts, Cheat Sheets, and Difference between are not acceptable.
- We do not accept content generated from AI Tools.
- In DS/Algo, it is not acceptable to write implementation steps in plain English like “Initialize value of x as 0”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q-1. How many Improvements I can do?
Ans. You can Improve 10 articles at a time.
Q-2. Can I submit my Improvement which I have published on another platform also?
Ans. No, the article must be unique, and original, and not be published on any other platform.
Q-3. After I submit the Improvement, how much will it take to for publishing that Improvement?
Ans. The process of reviewing and publishing an Improvement generally takes 7 working days.
Please refer to How to add code to existing article (Using Improve Article) for the guidelines of code addition.
If you found any issues or you have any queries and wish to improve an existing article then, you can email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.